S.O.S: Share Our Stuff Move-Out Collections 2018
Dealing with miscellaneous dorm-room clutter during move-out, in addition to studying, writing papers, and saying goodbye, is a pain. We know. S.O.S has you covered.
S.O.S (Share Our Stuff) is a SWAP initiative that seeks to reduce waste by collecting goods that are typically thrown away during WashU's move-out process. To benefit surrounding communities, collections will either be donated to SWAP's Trading Post, MERS/Goodwill, Operation Food Search, or Campus Y. Check out The Office of Sustainability's website for more information about each benefitted organization.
So, how can S.O.S make your life easier during Move-Out?
- Starting May 1, collection bins will be located on the first floor/basement of every Residential College on the South 40, and on-campus apartment in the Village.
- The off-campus collection event, Lightening Your Load, will take place May 19. See below for more details.
- Donations may include:
· Appliances and electronics
· Clean clothing and linens
· Unopened, nonperishable food
· Office supplies
· Furniture and furnishings
· Plastic drawers, shelving and storage
· Small and large household items
Place any acceptable item in your nearest collection bin, and end your semester guilt-free, knowing that your donations will be benefitting local St. Louis communities, and staying out of the landfill!
Lightening Your Load - Off Campus Collections
- Schedule a pick up in advance by filling out this form. On Saturday, May 19, leave your items on the curb, and we will pick them up between 12pm-2pm.
- A Goodwill truck will be stationed at the intersection of University Drive and Melville, near the Academy Building. Stop by during the LYL event to donate your items, big and small: Saturday May 19, 12p – 2p.
- Call or text 314-312-3274 between 12p and 2p to request a pick up for larger items (like furniture).
- If you move out after the LYL event, you can donate your items to area MERS/Goodwill stores at a number of convenient drop-off locations.
- For more information, click here.
Help us help you make move-out as stress-free and sustainable as possible this year by participating in S.O.S instead of contributing to the landfill. SWAP and the environment will thank you!
For more information, visit https://sustainability.wustl.edu/items/share-our-stuff/, join SWAP's Facebook Event "Share Our Stuff: End of Semester Collections," or call (314) 935-3454.